American Eggs Benedict with Capers
1 egg yolk
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 tsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. butter, melted
white wine vinegar
Whole Wheat English muffins
- Make hollandaise: Puree 1 egg yolk with ¼ cup mayonnaise, 1 tsp. lemon juice, and hot sauce and salt to taste. Pulse in 2 Tbsp melted butter.
- Place the sauce in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water; whisk until thick.
- Poach the eggs: Bring a skillet of water with a splash of white wine vinegar to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Crack 4 eggs into water and poach 3 to 4 minutes.
- Top Whole Wheat English muffins with crispy Bacon, the eggs, Capers and hollandaise.