Chicken Drumsticks on Black Beans
2 15.5-ounce cans black beans, rinsed
1 pint grape tomatoes
4 sprigs fresh thyme
4 sprigs fresh oregano, plus leaves for garnish
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
kosher salt and black pepper
8 bone-in, skin-on chicken drumsticks
- Heat oven to 425° F. In a slightly deep baking dish, toss the beans and tomatoes with the thyme and oregano sprigs, garlic, red pepper, 1 tablespoon of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Pat the chicken dry and place on top of the bean mixture, skin-side up.
- Rub with the remaining tablespoon of oil. Season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Roast until the chicken is golden and cooked through, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the oregano leaves.