Chicken & Kale Pie w/ Sweet Potato Crust
Serves 4 to 6
3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
¼ cup milk
2 large carrots, finely chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 Tbsp fresh Thyme
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
3 cups fresh kale, coarsely chopped
½ cup ricotta cheese
¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
Salt and Pepper
- Place potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook, uncovered, until tender.
- While potatoes are boiling, set oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a heavy-bottomed skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat.
- Add carrots, onion, and thyme. Cook until slightly browned, stirring often.
- Add chicken and cook until golden brown. Turn off heat; stir in kale, ricotta, and salt and pepper.
- Drain potatoes well, then return to pot. Add olive oil, milk, and salt, and mash till smooth (some lumps are okay).
- Place chicken mixture in a 9-inch pan, and top with mashed potatoes. Bake for 15 minutes. To brown the potatoes, add cheese on top and broil for 5 more minutes.