Chicken Noodle Soup
6 oz egg noodles
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cup chopped scallions
6 bacon slices, chopped
2 tsp chopped fresh tarragon
6 skinless boneless chicken thighs, diced
1/2 cup dry white wine
5 cups basic vegetable stock
salt and pepper
Grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a pan of water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook according to the instructions on the package. Drain, refresh under cold running water, and let stand in a bowl of water.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the scallions and bacon and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, until the scallions have softened and he bacon is beginning to color.
- Add the tarragon and chicken, increase the heat to medium, and cook, stirring frequently, for about 8 minutes, until the chicken is golden brown all over.
- Pour in the wine and cook for 2 minutes, until the alcohol has evaporated, then pour enough of the basic vegetable stock just to cover the meat. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 20-30 minutes, until the chicken is tender.
- Pour in the remaining stock, season with salt and pepper, and bring to a boil. Add the noodles and heat through briefly. Ladle the soup into warmed bowls and serve immediately with crusty bread, passing around the Parmesan separately.