• ½ cup, onion, minced
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tsp. oregano, dried
• 1 can whole peeled canned tomatoes
• 10 basil leaves, chopped
• 4 chicken breasts, pounded thin
• 1/3 cup flour
• 3 eggs, beaten,
• 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
• 1/2 cup freshly grated Grana Padano cheese
• 8 oz. mozzarella, sliced
• Olive Oil
• Salt and Pepper
1. In a sauce pot with a drizzle of olive oil on medium high heat, add onions, garlic, and oregano. Cook for 4/5 minutes until slightly broken down. Add tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
2. Break down tomatoes in the pot and add basil. Cook for another 10-12 minutes.
3. While sauce is cooking, season chicken, then dredge chicken cutlets in flour first, then egg next, then the breadcrumbs. Heat a sauté pan with a good drizzle of olive oil. Place in cutlets and cook until golden brown on both sides and just cooked through, about 2 minutes on each side.
4. Turn the broiler on in the oven, place chicken on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper, and spoon half the tomato sauce on top of the chicken. Evenly sprinkle the grans padano on top, then finish by adding the slices of mozzarella to the chicken. Place inside and cook until the cheese starts to bubble, Serve with your favorite pasta.