1) Let’s assume that I don’t know you. In a few sentences, please share with my readers why the world can use more of you? With obesity and disease rates at an all time high, especially in America, I think quality educated fitness professionals are more important than ever. Unfortunately, there is a lot of misinformation floating around out there and I pride myself in my education and honesty. As a trainer and nutritionist I simply hope to help as many people as possible live healthy and happy lives.
2) What is one food you love and could not live without? What is your least favorite food that you wish would disappear from the face of the earth, and why?
I really could not live without barbecue food. I have a smoker set up in my backyard and on a good weekend I’ll stay out there all day making ribs and pulled pork. And I would be ok if kimchi disappeared from the world. It’s probably the one food I actually didn’t like the taste of.
3) What is one thing you wish you had time to do but currently doesn’t fit into your busy schedule? I have been fortunate to travel quite a bit in the past and I wish I had more time for that. With my training business and pursuing my degree for physical therapy, there just isn’t enough time.
4) What is the weirdest things you have ever eaten and where were you?
I had escargot in Cannes, France. I thought to myself if there is one good place to try snails this was it. Turns out I thought they were pretty good.
5) What is the one meal that reminds you most of your childhood/family?
Deep-dish pizza was my go to meal growing up in Chicago. Unfortunately I can’t find anything similar in Los Angeles.
6) What would be the last meal you would want to eat/make if you only had 1 more day to live?
If I only had one day to live I’m definitely not cooking it myself. I’ll guilt trip Fabio into making me the truffled Gnocchi he serves at his restaurant.
7) What is the hardest dish that you have ever had to make?/ Is there a dish that you have still never successfully completed?
I’ve tried making chocolate soufflé and I just don’t think I’m cut out to bake. I did successfully make uovo da raviolo, which was difficult but delicious.
8) Breakfast, lunch, & dinner: What would be your perfect 3-square meal?
For breakfast I will go for a steak omelet and oatmeal. I make a mean turkey chili for lunch, which is also my favorite way to sneak in vegetables. My favorite dinner is a pan-seared salmon with a big salad. Maybe some gelato for dessert but that’s a secret.
9) Of course you want 2014 to be a good one. If all else fails, what would you want your one and biggest success to be? I have so many goals with my own fitness and business, however I was always a very average student growing up so my grades have been even more important since I decided to go back to school. This year I can earn a 4.0 GPA for the second straight year. I think I would be most proud of that.
10) What is your most prized possession? A few years ago my parents gave me a DVD collection they made of all of our home movies growing up. If I had to grab one thing on the way out of my house it would be that.