Chicken Cordon Bleu with Prosciutto
• 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
• 3 cloves Garlic, minced
• ½ tsp. crushed red chili flakes
• 1 head Escarole, or other leafy green
• 4 skinless, chicken breast halves, pounded evenly
• 1 cup Mozzarella, Fontina, or Montasio, grated
• 4 slices Black Forest Ham, slightly thicker than prosciutto
• 8 slices Prosciutto di Parma, thinly sliced from your butcher
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
• 2 tbsp. Basil, dried
• Salt and Pepper, to taste
• Preheat oven to 350* F and lay parchment paper on a sheet tray.
• Heat a large sauté pan to medium high heat and add olive oil. Add garlic, chili flakes, and escarole. Season with salt and pepper. Let cook for 5/7 minutes to allow the garlic to caramelize and escarole to wilt.
• Sprinkle each piece of chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Lay a slice of black forest ham inside, then place ¼ cup of cheese, two pieces of prosciutto on the inside. Fold each breast up and keep together with a toothpick.
• Combine panko and basil together. Dip chicken in egg, drain excess, then coat completely in panko mixture.
• Place in pan and bake for 20 minutes, or until chicken is barely pink.
• Serve with escarole on the side.