This week we have a great recipe that goes perfectly with the rest of our relaxing drinks for this week from my good friend D.B. The Foodie Stuntman !! D.B. goes where no one would dare when it comes to food – BBQ sauce from scratch ?? D.B. Did it !! Visit his blog at crazyfoodiestunts.blogspot.com today !!
So what do you eat while relaxing pool or beachside?? No, I’m not talking cocktails, although a blended piña colada would be refreshing. In that same vein – light, cool and refreshing dishes – might I suggest this watermelon gazpacho? Not exactly authentic to the traditional Andalusian version but it’s easy to prepare and well balanced with hints of acid, salt, sweet and heat. Just don’t forget the suntan lotion…
Watermelon Gazpacho Shooters
Makes about 4 cups.
- 1 personal-size watermelon, rind removed, seeded and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- ½ medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 Anaheim pepper, seeded, cored and coarsely chopped
- ¼ red onion, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ medium cucumber, seeded and chopped thin, for garnish