Fried Chicken, The Best with Garlic Mayo
• 3 cups buttermilk
• 8 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 whole chicken, cut into 10-12 pieces
• 8 sprigs rosemary
• 3 cups flour
• 2 tbsp. Smoked paprika
• 2 tbsp. black pepper
• 1 tbsp. Mustard powder
• Oil for Frying
• 1 lemon, thinly sliced
• 3 sprigs sage
For the Mayo
• 1 cup Mayo, homemade or store bought
• 1 tbsp. Garlic, minced and smashed
• 2 Tbsp. Parsley, minced
• 1 Tbsp. Oregano, minced
• 1 Tbsp. Chives, minced
• Salt and Pepper
1. Combine first 4 ingredients and let marinate over night in a plastic bag or covered casserole dish.
2. Mix the next 4 ingredients in a large bowl and dredge the chicken, 1 piece at a time. Start to heat up the oil in a Dutch oven to 365* F. Once up to temperature, drop the chicken in the Dutch oven 2-3 pieces at a time, so the pot doesn’t get crowded. Repeat until all chicken has been fried. Season with chicken with salt when coming out of the pot.
3. Dredge lemon slices in flour and toss in oil, with sage, to fry. Remove both and use as garnish.
4. For the mayo, combine all ingredients in a bowl, mix, and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.