Lamb Sausage, Gouda/Fontina Polenta, Pickled Carrots and Peppers Salad
RECIPE TITLE: Lamb Sausage, Gouda/Fontina Polenta, Pickled Carrots and peppers Salad
MAIN INGREDTIENS OF THE DISH: Sausage, Polenta
FLAVOR PROFILE: Spicy, herbaceous, tart
SPICES-HERBS-SEASONING: Red wine vinegar, cayenne, garlic, rosemary
TIME TO EXECUTE: 2 hours
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 cups water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. chopped Rosemary
- 1 tsp. chopped Sage
- 1 ½ cups yellow cornmeal
- ¼ each Gouda and Fontina, grated
- 1 cup red wine Vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp. Mustard Seeds
- 2 carrots, shaved
- 1 shallot, shaved
- 5 ea. Green Onions
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- 2 ea. Roasted Red Peppers, julienne
- 4 links Lamb Sausage
- Aged Balsamic, if desired
- In a large pot, take first 5 ingredients and bring to the boil. Add in cornmeal and whisk rapidly. Reduce to low and stir as it thickens. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until firm, stir in cheese, and place in a casserole dish spray with cooking spray. Even out the polenta and cool completely. Once cooled cut into long rectangles.
- Take next 5 ingredients and mix together, Let sit for up to two hours for maximum flavor. Once pickled, remove from liquid and toss with next 3 ingredients, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large sauté pan on medium high heat, place in sausage. Sear on all sides until golden brown and remove. Then in the same pan, take polenta and sear on each side for a crust to form.
- To plate, place the polenta and sausage alongside each other and then the pickled mixture on top. Use aged balsamic vinegar to finish, if desired.