Lamb Shanks with Orange Glaze & Farro
2 tbsp olive oil
¼ cup minced garlic
¼ cup minced fresh rosemary
1 Tbsp salt
2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
6 lamb shanks, 8-10 oz. each
3 cups beef broth, plus more as needed
1 cup Farro, uncooked
1 cup + 2 tbsp Orange Juice
2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Put the first 6 ingredients into a large resealable plastic bag and shake. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Put the bag contents in a heavy roasting pan and add beef broth to cover. Bake, uncovered, for 2.5 to 3 hours, until the meat is tender.
- Shortly before removing the lamb from the oven, In a large pot of salted boiling water, add farro, and cook until desired doneness. Drain farro and toss with 2 tbsp Orange juice.
- Transfer the lamb to a serving platter. Pour liquid into a skillet and cook over medium heat to reduce by half, about 7 to 10 minutes. Add the remaining orange juice, then stir in the butter and cook until velvety and thick, about 3 minutes.
- Pour the Orange glaze over the lamb shanks and serve over Farro.