Glazed Pork Chops with Apples and Swiss Chard
• 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
• 1 Tbsp. Garlic minced
• 1 Tbsp. Shallots, minced
• 2 bunches of Swiss Chard (red, green, or rainbow)
• ½ cup dried Cherries
• 1 cup cooked Lentils (the more colorful the better)
• 2 cups cooked rice (any variety will work)
• 2 Tbsp. Mint, chopped
• ½ cup Walnuts, chopped
• 4 ea. Pork chops, ½ inch to an 1 inch thick
• 4 Tbsp. butter
• 1 cup green Apples, diced
• ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
• ¼ cup Apricot Preserves
• Olive Oil
• Salt and Pepper
• In a pan on medium high heat, add first 4 ingredients. Season with salt and pepper and let cook for about 5-7 minutes, tossing occasionally.
• While chard is cooking, in a large bowl, add the next 5 ingredients and mix until fully combined.
• Take pork chops and season on both sides with salt and pepper. In a large non-stick skillet, heat to medium high. Add butter and place in pork chops. Cook on one side for 2 minutes, then flip.
• Add apples with pork chops and let cook for another 2-3 minutes. If you see the pork chops are getting to brown on one side, simply flip them.
• Add Balsamic vinegar and reduce for another minute. Add apricot glaze and swirl in. Remove pork chops and reduce the sauce for another minute or so.
• To plate, lay down the rice mixture, then the swiss chard, and then the pork chops. Spoon glaze over the chops.