Rainbow Trout, Peruvian Potatoes, Romesco Salsa
RECIPE TITLE: Rainbow Trout, Peruvian Potatoes, Romesco Salsa
MAIN INGREDIENTS OF THE DISH: Fish, Potatoes
FLAVOR PROFILE: Roasted, Charred, Buttery, Earthy
SPICES-HERBS-SEASONING: Garlic, Lime, Basil
TIME TO EXECUTE: 30 minutes
- 2 lb. Peruvian Potatoes (Purple Potato), large dice
- 5 tbsp. Butter, unsalted, room temp
- 3 Red Bell Peppers, roasted and cleaned
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Limes, zested and Juice from 1
- ½ bunch Parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin Olive Oil
- 4 each Rainbow trout, cleaned and deboned, intact
- 8 thin slices Gold Zucchini, lengthwise
- 8 thin slices Green Zucchini, lengthwise
- 16 thin slices Butternut Squash, lengthwise, blanched
- 16 large leaves of Basil
- 2 egg whites, beat
- ½ cup Cornmeal
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- In a large pot, place in potatoes and fill with water until just covered. Season with Salt and bring to boil. Let cook until soft.
- While potatoes are cooking, take the next 5 ingredients and mix together. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let sit at room temp until ready to serve.
- Open fish up and pat dry. Season inside with salt and pepper. Lay inside 2 each gold and green zucchini and butternut squash. Next lay in 2 pieces of basil. Close the sides together.
- Heat a large sauté pan with olive oil inside. Coat the fish lightly with egg whites and then with cornmeal. Shake off excess and lay fish in the pan. Cook on each side 2-3 minutes on medium high heat. Repeat process until all fish are cooked.
- While cooking the fish, drain the potatoes of the water and place in a stand mixer. Whip for 1 minute and add the butter ½ at a time until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- To Plate, place potatoes on the bottom of the plate. Take each piece of fish and cut in half width wise. Stand the fish up straight to wear the cut side is facing up and is exposed. On either side of the fish, spoon some romesco on the plate. Garnish with fresh cracked black pepper and good olive oil if desired.